Task 1: The reasons that motivated me to study English and Pedagogy

I have always had in my heart the idea of becoming a teacher. When I started at school I realized that teaching was something that I really wanted to do. I spent all of my childhood playings in my free time like I was a teacher, I even made lists of imaginary students and of course, I made classes to my cousin too. Despite all of that English Pedagogy wasn't my first option to enter at University due to one of my aunts who said that teaching wasn't the best idea since she thought I would die of hungry because here in Chile teaching is not well-paid, I was 7 or 8 years old and that destroyed my dream. Now, I know that I shouldn't have listened to her, but anyway I continued looking for a course of studies that can feel my family proud of me, because the opinion of them was, at that time, very important for me. I discovered Occupational Therapy and I studied that for over a year and a half until I decided that I wanted to be truly happy. That was the first empowering moment in my life because I didn't listen to anyone and I started studying English Pedagogy and it has been one of the best decisions in my life.

At school my best subject always was English, I remember that thanks to one of my aunts, who is an English-Spanish translator, I watched a lot of movies and series in English because she loves to be in touch with her second language and I have always loved listening to music in English too, so it was really easy for me to be good at the subject. That encouraged me to decide that I wanted to be an English teacher. Besides that, English is an incredible tool in the case of I want to travel overseas, my aunt had traveled many times to different parts in the world and I really want a life like the life she has.

 Nowadays I'm every day more in love with my course of studies and it is not a secret that I want to teach all my life because, for me, teaching is the most rewarding job ever.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario